The past couple weeks have seen very few posts on this blog and I finally have time to reveal everything that has happened (and was distracting me from this blog).
First, I’ve been working on getting some new real estate investment projects “off the ground” and in the past couple weeks I’ve gotten a large chunk of investment capital. Of course “large” is a relative term but let’s just say that it is large enough to give my investment business a significant boost.
Stagetime, Stagetime, Stagetime…
Secondly, I am involved in Toastmasters as the Lt.Gov.-Education & Training for District 53 which covers all of CT, Western MA and Eastern NY (north of Westchester County). There have been a bunch of activity in this role over the past few weeks … culminating in the D53 Fall Conference last Saturday.
In my role, I, 1) gave a “First Timer Session”,
2) presented the “High Performance Leadership” Workshop,
3) participated in the Keynote speaker’s exercises (as a volunteer),
4) gave a “Roast” for the immediate past district governor,
5) gave my LGET report at the business meeting,
6) brought the First Timers onto the big stage (for recognition) and
7) introduced a reduced price offer for the Spring Conference in May 2010.
All that “stage time” in one day. Thank goodness the conference co-chairs did such an incredible job of organizing everything … and were flexible enough to try some new things (First Timer’s on stage).
Now things should be a little less hectic in the Toastmasters department so I can concentrate more on making millions !
Where is that comfort zone?
I also feel like my comfort zone has been stretched and as Marshall Sylver says, “Once you stretch beyond your comfort zone, it never returns to the same size!”. I’m excited to try new things and accomplish much more than I have in the past.
Next post… Food / Exercise update!